|Busy Night for PVVFD|
|By Financial Secretary Lois Rizzi|
|February 9, 2020|
Another busy Saturday in the Valley for our members on February 8th. Members responded to multiple calls throughout the day starting in the morning with an automatic fire alarm at the Parc Wiccopee House on Oscawana Lake Road.
Later in the afternoon the day started getting busy for our members, shortly before 4PM members were dispatched to the Roaring Brook area for an outside smoke investigation with an audible alarm heard by the caller. Once members located the source, it was determined that the smoke was coming from a meat smoker by one of the local homeowners. The audible alarm that was sounding was coming from a homeowners invisible dog fence.
Following the call in Roaring Brook our members were dispatched to the Northbound lane of travel of the Taconic State Parkway on the area of 301 for a reported Motor Vehicle accident into a tree with heavy entrapment. When members got on scene they were there for an extended amount of time due to having two patients in the car. This accident brought mutual aid from Mahopac Falls Vol. Fire Department both Fire and EMS, Kent Fire Department EMS, Putnam Valley Volunteer Ambulance Corps, New York State Police, New York State Department of Transportation
Once members got a chance to have dinner with their families they were dispatched back to the Roaring Brook section of town for a propane tank leaking under a residents deck. Neighbors in the house next door were evacuated as a precaution. Members were on scene for an extended period of time until a tech from Paraco gas came and corrected the problem on the leaking cylinder. Due to the extended operations on this call a mutual aid engine was requested from Continental Village Vol. Fire Department to standby in our HQ during this incident.
During the propane leak call we were dispatched to a reported chimney fire in the Lake Peekskill section of town. The house with the reported Chimney Fire was next to Chief Cobb’s house so his wife confirmed an active chimney fire. Due to members being out of the propane call this call was covered by Continental Village along with a fast team from Mohegan Volunteer Fire Association and some of our members. Due to now being on two scenes with extended operations a mutual aid engine was requested from Yorktown Heights Volunteer FD to standby in our HQ.
The night was finished around 2am last night and members were able to finally head home.